Did you hear there’s a new Ordinance in Los Angeles regarding short term rentals? It addresses people hosting on Airbnb and other rental platforms for vacation stays and short terms rentals. Ordinance took effect July 1, 2019.
Here are the highlights
1. Hosts must register their property and pay a fee.
2. Only ONE property may be registered at one time
3. Must be the owner’s primary residence, meaning they live there 180 days a year.
4. Yearly rental period of 120 days
5. Rent-stabilized units may not be used for home-sharing purposes
Read here for a recent article on Curbed LA.
Click here to go to the City of LA website for the official version.